About Me

This blog was created mostly as an outlet for me and anyone who cares about what I do in my spare time. I know there are tons of other ways I could have published this information but I am not very "techy"; (I don't own anything that starts with an "i": ipad, iphone or ipod) and I like to stick with what I know, hence the blog format. I realized my life is busy but I needed an outlet, taking time to do something that I enjoy, for my sanity. This blog will document all the random projects, activities, interests that I do in my free time. This will be an evolving blog but who knows maybe you will enjoy the read and even learn something.



Wednesday, May 18, 2016

House Project: Part 1 of 100,000

We were sad about moving but we took the plunge and did it. We bought a house that has character or potential. Sooo that meant Pinterest here I come. We have been in the house for 3 1/2 months and I will tell you it is much easier to demolish and destroy than it is to put back together.  There are sooo many choices when the rooms become a blank slate.

I have totally completed 3 rooms in the house. The other rooms are still a work in progress. Wallpaper is off so that was a good start on those rooms.

I am doing this mostly for my mom but if anyone else cares to see pictures from a crazy, do-it-yourself wanna-be, cheapskate,(frugual) person well take a look below. I didn't plan on doing this so some of the pictures aren't exactly the same angles etc. Hey, I am a rookie. I did this blog post in like 20 minutes, just so ya know..

Downstairs Family Room





I love the Board and Batten on the chair rail but it was so much work as the walls weren't straight and the windows weren't the same height from the floor to wall but my husband got it to work...

Laundry Room/Mud Room

Noahs Ark wall paper was a must go as it was already coming off.


Painted the cabinets with milk paint and did faux granite on the old off white laminate countertop, painted the walls blue, and made the curtains.

Jacob's Room

Paint goes a long way..This was pretty easy except the purple was a bit hard to cover. Thanks to Home Depot opps paint( paint that was mis-tinted so they discount it) This cost us $16 and a few days of my time but totally worth it.


I also did this dresser for Kimberlee with the help of my AWESOME sister. It was solid yellow before, sorry no pics. We chalk painted it.

Been trying to find furniture to fill our space. This was couch table was free on the side of the road.. Yes, I do have the guts and nerve to grab stuff off the curb. It has an end table that I also did to match. (No pic of end table sorry, told you I am amateur at this..)




Chalk painted and decoupage... fancy word for adding fabric to glass I think.. I love making my own chalk paint because then I use whatever color I want.

Did I mention I get a little addicted? Just for fun, we moved onto to making changes in our basement rental while we were in between renters.

Kitchen at the basement apartment..These were light oak cabinets (no before pic) and we used java gel stain to refinish them about a year ago. I LOVE this stuff. It is easy to apply, little to no sanding and looks amazing, I think. This last month we turned gray laminate to the faux granite.





And we did a bathroom vanity at the same time... just for kicks..Hopefully it all lasts or I will re-doing all the countertops again at the same time..




No comments: