This title might sound like a weight loss goal of some sort which would be good too but it's not. This challenge is cook using only what I have here at home. Yep, I have always really wanted to get a good idea of what a 3-month supply or 6-month supply would be like but I never really know or track how much we eat. I just buy food at the case lot sale and it ends up going bad...(sometimes if I remember I can put it in the food drive before it expires obviously.) I live in an area where "concidentally" right around the first week in April all the stores have CASE LOT sales so I figure whatever we eat, if need to replace it, I can for cheap.
My goal in Janurary was to do menu planning. I don't really mind cooking I just never know WHAT to cook. I can proudly say that I have planned and cooked every day since Jan 2nd with the exception of Valentines day, (which we took advantage of Dennys kids eat free program..cheap but not all that classy) and one other day when I was sick Carl cooked, that means Little Ceasars.
This blog posts for the next little will serve mostly for my records but for those who care to see the creative juicies, you can follow me.
The requirements are I am still going to buy fresh produce and milk but everything else will be what we have. Don't feel too bad for us we do a freezer full of meat, half a cow, 40 lbs plus of chicken, part of a pig, ham, bacon, sauage.
We are starting tonight with my least favorite pantry item; TUNA. I post the receipe once I decide what to make.
About Me
This blog was created mostly as an outlet for me and anyone who cares about what I do in my spare time. I know there are tons of other ways I could have published this information but I am not very "techy"; (I don't own anything that starts with an "i": ipad, iphone or ipod) and I like to stick with what I know, hence the blog format. I realized my life is busy but I needed an outlet, taking time to do something that I enjoy, for my sanity. This blog will document all the random projects, activities, interests that I do in my free time. This will be an evolving blog but who knows maybe you will enjoy the read and even learn something.
No comments:
Post a Comment